Improve Your Home's Air Quality
Air quality in your home is important if you want to protect the health and well-being of your family. It is especially essential to take note of your home’s air quality if you have loved ones who are asthmatic or prone to allergies. As a homeowner, it’s your responsibility to clean your air ducts when you realize how air duct cleaning improves your home’s air quality.
The Significance of Your Air Ducts to Home Air Quality
While air does come into your home through your doors and windows, for the most part, the air in your house spreads through your HVAC ductwork. The air that goes through this path needs a clean path to travel through. If the air ducts are dirty, the air will pick up the contaminants and irritants and spread them all over your home.
So it won’t matter how much you dust or vacuum the dust in your house. The air and the dust going through the ducts will keep on coming.
Also, the dust will build up in your HVAC system, which will eventually make that system go awry. With the dust dirtying up your coils, ductwork, and air filter, your HVAC efficiency goes down, and you’ll need more maintenance for it.
Top Benefits of Cleaning Your Air Ducts
You really need to clean your air ducts so you can enjoy the following results:
- Mold and microbial growth prevention. Mold and mildew, as well as bacteria and dust mites, all proliferate when you have a nice buildup of dust as their home. Cleaning your air ducts will prevent this proliferation as you destroy an ideal environment for their growth.
- Minimize respiratory and allergy issues. Various irritants can build up in your air ducts, and the air can spread them in your house to cause many health issues. Cleaning these air ducts prevents these issues from coming up, which beats having to treat them afterward.
- Better smell for your home. Mold, mildew, and microbes can make your home smell horribly. You may get used to it as you’re living there, but your guests will notice right off. This problem gets worse when the dirty air ducts lead to rodent infestation, as those critters will really stink up your home.
- HVAC improvements. Eliminating air duct dust buildup can boost the efficiency of your HVAC system by as much as 40%. Also, this will keep your HVAC system from wearing down much sooner than expected.
Signs that You Need to Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned
Cleaning your air ducts every five years or so is a good start, but you may want to clean them more frequently if you see signs that signal for immediate cleaning. These include visible mold growth in the ducts, dust blowing out of the ducts, obvious debris, and signs of rodent infestation.
So the final question is: should you clean the ducts yourself? While this task may seem easy, you may want to have a pro do it for you. This way, you’ll know the job will get done properly and quickly.
Need it Done Right?
Join our satisfied restoration customers
- Prompt response, quality results
- 24/7 damage repair service
- Certified service professionals